I want to emphasize that our primary goal is to provide a great graduation ceremony for our graduating seniors. Our secondary goal is to provide the greatest access possible to this ceremony. If there is a conflict between these two objectives, we will focus on our primary goal and provide a great graduation ceremony for our graduating seniors.
That being said, here is an update to our 2021 Graduation Ceremony plan.
If it appears that the weather will allow us to provide a great graduation ceremony outdoors, we will hold graduation at Mitchell-Zimmerman Stadium. Our original guest capacity will be in effect. Each graduate will have two seats on the field for their parents, guardians, or guests of their choosing. Each graduate will receive two tickets for the home side and one ticket for the visitor's side. Each ticket will allow four people to attend the graduation ceremony. This means each graduate will be allowed fourteen guests if graduation is held at the field. (8 seats in the home bleachers, 4 seats in the visitor bleachers, and 2 seats on the field)
If, however, the weather is too severe to hold a great graduation ceremony outside, we will move graduation to the high school gym. Should this happen, we will adhere to fifty percent capacity standards and each graduate will be allowed two tickets on the floor for their parents, guardians, or guests of their choosing and three ticket for the bleachers. Two of these tickets will be for four individuals and one ticket will be for two individuals. This means each graduate will be allowed twelve guests if graduation is held in the gym. (10 seats in the bleachers and 2 seats on the floor) Please be aware that we will establish fifty percent capacity by marking off fifty percent of the seating.
The graduation ceremony will be streamed online for those who are unable to attend.
This decision is consistent with the standards that have influenced every public activity in our schools this year. It is our hope that the weather allows us to have graduation outdoors, but we are prepared to make the call to move indoors if possible. We will make the determination of venue before 3:00 p.m. tomorrow afternoon.
We are fully aware that folks have travel plans and other considerations. Decisions regarding those plans need to take into account both scenarios.
Thank you for your support.